Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Content

Just a quick update to let everyone know that I'm feeling much, much better. I finally feel that I'm getting over the miscarriage/surgery stuff. I'm also healing emotionally. The last few weeks I haven't even really thought of having another child right now, and when I do I feel contentment with what God has for our life right now. I believe that God has really enabled me to focus on right now and to be realistic about how hard a new baby would be any way, and so I'm just enjoying our time with Mali. Seeing other people with baby #2 can be hard, but I do feel content. I know that this is all God. I also think being content with whatever we are given in life, like Paul said, is a major call for me as a Christian (although I don't always do it day to day, but hopefully in the big picture I can be content!). I'm still adjusting hormonally, but think I have probably returned to normal. I'm experimenting with another form of birth control and was sick to my stomach all night again, but hopefully this will past...oh and I lost my voice. It has made parenting just a little more hard, Mali doesn't get it and keeps saying "I can't hear you!" (I think I've said that to her a few too many times). Just wanted to give an update and give credit to God for healing my heart and making me content! It is a huge weight lifted and feels good to be happy. Thanks again for your love and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. It is so great to hear where you are right now. That contentment is such a peaceful place to be, but difficult to find through fertility issues.
    It stinks you lost your voice. I can't imagine loosing my voice and having a little one.
    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete