Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A penny in her tummy!

Last night we added a new accomplishment to Mali's list of exciting things she can do...she swallowed a penny!! She seemed to be fine, cried a little, but more from being scared. We've had a lot of talks about not putting pennies in your mouth. Our pediatrician sent Mali in for an x-ray and there it was in her tummy!! When we left the hospital Mali said "Can you get the penny out of my mouth?" I explained that it was actually in her tummy. She keeps asking to go potty to get it out too! Maybe that was too much info! Anyway, I'm so thankful she is okay and that she did not choke on it! And yes, Eric and I were both here when it happened, and yes, it did happen right in front of me! Eric informed me that I will probably get an A+ on being a mom this year, I reminded him that he was here too!:) I hope to get a copy of the x-ray, it was pretty priceless...or hopefully it will be priceless because we don't want too many of these lying around! I'm not too hopeful though, if at 3 she swallows her first object. January does not seem to be our month, last January Mali got her first black eye and now this January her first x-ray! Mali definitely keeps life interesting and makes me very thankful that we have health insurance!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Brie! Your life is never boring, that's for sure! I'm glad Mali is ok. If you do get the x-ray, you should post it, because your readers would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete