Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I need a case of Reed's Ginger Beer

"Behold, children are a gift from the Lord. The fruit of the womb is a reward" Psalm 127:3
I read this verse while doing my bible study the other morning and God seemed to speak it over me and give me confidence in the reward that will come from the fruit of my womb. Little did I know that there was "fruit" growing in my womb. To cut to the chase, I'm pregnant. No, I was not cleared to get pregnant, and NO we were not attempting to get pregnant, but it has been 10 months since my d&C, 12 1/2 months since the miscarriage, and 14 months since I found out I was pregnant the last time. And, God in His faithfulness and blessing to our family has created a new, healthy little baby in HIS timing. Today I had a sonogram to make sure that I was pregnant and that it was healthy. Even though I am only at 6 weeks, there was a clear baby (well blob) with a rapidly moving heart beat (138 bpm). All moms and dads know how reassuring and wonderful it is to look at that screen and see the heart beating. We also got to hear the heart beat. The sonographer was the same one who did my molar pregnancy sonogram so she knew what to look for. We both are not naive in thinking that this means we are in the clear, but the first step is knowing that there is a healthy baby growing inside of me. So we feel okay sharing this with others, that I am pregnant, and that this is a baby. We trust completely in what God has in store for us and this baby. The tentative due date is February 9th, 2009, 13 months after my last due date. Praise God for this miracle, that Eric says is a boy. Mali is calling it a girl and wants to name it Abby Gray (Just like Zachy and Calyn's sister). Mali has been sweet about it today and just came in and "scratched" my belly saying she was tickling the baby. I'm surprised by her sweetness as well as Eric's loving care. He ran to the store to get me a six back of Reed's ginger beer (it is NOT alcoholic, just like ginger ale), but once again I'm having all day sickness and Reed's helps tremendously. Thanks for all of your prayers and support. I will keep updating our blog on our status, as I'm a little tired and sick and probably will not be good at checking my email. This certainly has been a journey and I'm amazed at where we stand today!
Brie, Eric, and Mali and baby

9 comments:

  1. AAAWWWWWHHHHHHRRRRR! (that is me screaming!) God is so good! Let every breath praise HIM! :) And, I can't help but singing my favorite song, "Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say....Blessed be the Name of the Lord.....Blessed be Your Glorious Name!" I just sang that in your honor! Love you and so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! God is good. We are so excited for all the Gomez's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! God is so good! You are going to treasure this baby so much and God is truly going to bless your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so thrilled for you and will pray that things go smoothly. We too are having a baby---due December 3rd. I am almost done with my 4th month and on July 22nd we get to find out what it is! Kyle, too, thinks ours is a boy! I kinda agree with him! We are rejoicing with you. I will be praying for a relaxed state of mind and that the worry won't be a problem for you. God is good.

    Janae & Kyle Igo (& baby!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janae-isn't it weird that YOUR baby is due in basketball season and ours is due during baseball season?????


    Thanks for your love and support everyone. We are cautiously excited but thankful for God's goodness to us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PRAISE GOD! Amy told me today that you were preggy and I had to read for myself on the blog! I'm so excited Brie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brie! I found your blog through Brittany Arlitt's and had to check in on you. I read a little bit of your history from the time you moved to Amarillo, and I'm so excited that you're pregnant! I'll definitely keep you in my prayers!

    Oh, and the picture of Mali with her earrings is too cute...she's a good mix of you and Eric!

    Rachel Riddle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brie-Oh my gosh, I am overwhelmed with happiness, and God's loving faithfulness. I got chills and tears as I read this post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEA!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy everything is going well! I just hope you start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete