Tuesday, March 3, 2009

There'll Be Days Like These Momma Said

Yesterday was one of those days!!! It began at 5:30am when I fed Eleri and then she didn't want to go back to sleep. Finally about 6:45 she fell asleep in her craddle and I in my bed. My last thought was, if Mali sleeps until 8:30 then I can still get 2 hours of sleep. WRONG! Next thing I knew, Mali was at the side of my bed and it was 6:59am!!!! I knew that I was a little grumpy and on edge all day, but it also made me cry out to God and seek him more desperately because there was NO way I could do it in my flesh. The rest of the day went okay, Eleri had a crying spell when we loaded into the car for me to make a Dr. Pepper run to Sonic. Finally, it was time for ballet. A friend called to see if I could pick up her daughter, so we loaded up quickly and made it just after the start of ballet with 3 girls. I had to feed Eleri at ballet and then ended up holding her for a while. When I went to put her in her carseat, she cried and cried and was not comforted at all. My friend Julie, helped me put her in the car, she was still crying. Then Mali "fell" in the car and started crying. I was in a hurry to get home. Both girls are crying and Mali will not get buckled in, so I'm (confession time) yelling at her to buckle in. I back up and feel the car hit something, my first thought was that it was the curb, but NO it was a car!!! So I get out of the car and give the lady my insurance info (she is a ballet mom too), I'm shaking and crying. Thankfully, Julie was still there, so she washed her hands and held Eleri's pacifier in while I talked with the other lady. I barely hit the front of her car, thankfully, but it still did a little damage, and I HATE messing up. The truth is, there was just too much going on and I wasn't paying close enough attention, but every time I back out at ballet I'm always worried about hitting someone because it is a tight squeeze, and when I had my belly I couldn't turn around and see. So, we finally all get back in the car, Eleri starts crying again. And, I'm crying too. I start singing Jesus Loves Me to calm Eleri down. I'm still crying, Eleri's not crying, and then Mali starts crying because "when the song is beautiful it makes me cry". TOO MUCH estrogen in our car. When we get home, Eric takes Eleri who is still crying. Off and on he calms her, but she didn't stop crying until about 7:30 (ballet is over at 5:30). In the middle of this, a friend from BSF stops by with her two kids in a stroller and her husband and they ask if they can take Mali to our park for about 15 minutes. It was such a blessing. Even though it was one of those days, God provided for me with Julie and Jonna's help.
I've also decided my new 'Mission Statement' as a mom is to make beauty out of chaos, or at least make that my perspective. So I was thinking about this as all of this is going on. I read this quote "The good mother is a great artist ever creating beauty out of chaos "(Alice Randall), and although it isn't scripture, it did make me think of how God makes Beauty out of Chaos as well just as Isaiah 61: 3 says "to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor." I hope after days like these, I will be like an Oak, solid in my Faith in my Father who turns this chaos into beauty for Him!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this truthful 'day in the life'! I especially loved the "Too much estrogen" line! :-)

    I hope that today is a better day for all of you. I will be praying for you during this tough transitional time.

    Here's to more tender, warm, loving moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a day! I think I would have thrown my hands up in defeat. You are so strong in your faith and it is evident that God is blessing and providing for you all in every way imaginable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing out loud at Mali crying because the song is "beautiful!" OMG!! So funny! Glad your day was over and it is soo true..love the beauty out of chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a day! I'm so sorry Brie! I would've burst out crying too! Hope that was the low, and now all of your days will only get or at least seem better! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa, what a day! when we have 'days like these', I have often thought about the country song (can't remember who sings it!) "You're gonna miss this" --- so true, yet SO hard to remember in the midst of tough times! Here's to better days ahead and to seeing the beauty in chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was tense just reading that post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Brie, I'm so sorry your day was a hard one...but I loved reading this post! I love the new motto of making beauty out of chaos...I feel like I strive for that on a daily basis.
    Even though Reece and Mali are a few years apart, from what I read they are a lot alike! Add a little sister to the mix, and oh my goodness!!! Let's pray for each other. :)

    ReplyDelete