Thursday, December 17, 2009

What Christmas Means...


This is what Mali drew that Christmas means to her. I have to admit, I was relieved that it didn't mean presents or candy. I'm curious about when they worked on these at preschool and wonder if it was around the time we bought our new tree or were decorating it. At any rate, Christmas trees are some what less materialistic, granted Mali didn't draw her family like a few of the other kids (specifically boys...only the boys drew their families, maybe they were all sitting together or maybe they are just mama's boys!;)). So, this made me think, what does Christmas mean to me and what do I hope to teach Mali and Eleri about the meaning of Christmas? Last night, we were able to go to Chris Tomlin's Glory in the Highest Christmas tour. Louie Giglio spoke and he pointed out that we have these expectations that Christmas be so great, but really it is crazy. We all have craziness at Christmas....from hurt to major problems. AND, the very first Christmas was very crazy! Louie pointed out that Mary was probably praying one thing "God, please don't let this baby come tonight, please let him wait until we get back home." But when DID God chose for Him to come....at the peak of craziness. That is what the meaning of Christmas is...that we need a Savior to save us from the craziness and that God sent Jesus as just that. Surely I can help Mali and Eleri see that I am in desperate need of a Savior. That daily I fail and that I hurt and that I just can't do it all on my own and that I'm in desperate need of Immanuel....God with me, to enable me and to help me through the craziness and to bring glory and honor to Him!

1 comment:

  1. Mali seems very artistic! You are so honest with your flaws and your humbleness is inspiring to me and no doubt to your girls. I bet they see Jesus through you everyday in more ways than you know!

    ReplyDelete