Saturday, January 9, 2010

If you come to my house...

-The toilet paper roll will be on the counter. It is supposed to be right there. Let Eleri in the bathroom for 2 seconds and you will quickly see why.
-You probably will not have a place to sit. Mali's stuffed animals will probably be having a picnic, slumber party or some other party.
-You will be locked in. I always lock and deadbolt the doors, it is just a "mom" habit.
-You will probably kick or trip on a toy. Just beware is all I can say.
-The dishes will be in the sink.
-The beds will not be made
-Mali will be wearing dress up clothes and will change at least four times while you are here.
-All I have to offer for snacks or drinks are puffs and diluted apple juice. (Unless you count the Dr. Pepper, but that is precious and will only be shared with friends who are getting little sleep as well!;))
-Someone will cry at some point
...and lastly, if you come to my house don't go in Mali's room!

I would NOT trade this stage and absolutely love it, I just have to laugh at how our home is!

4 comments:

  1. I recently read that homemaking is not about making perfection, but about making a home; a safe place, a refuge, a place to be real and alive. A perfect home is an authentic, creative, animated space where Peace and Love and Beauty are embraced. Sounds like the Gomez home :) Wish I could visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! You would see my boy jumping off the couch on on the couch cushions :) Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at my best friends the other day and her little girl was sporting a cheerleading unifrom. This is very much something she only wears at home, but sporting it around with her dora panties fully showing in the back. It was hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jasmine was running around all morning in her Super Girl ensemble! And our living room is really just space for her doll house and dolls to live. :-)

    ReplyDelete