Monday, March 1, 2010

Paradox of Parenting

This is the paradox of parenting. These days things are so difficult and I feel like I'm going to barely make it through the day, but these days are so wonderful and it brings me so much joy to tuck my babies in to bed at night and I look forward to seeing them in the morning. Eleri is in the get-into-everything phase. I try and tell myself that she is learning, but I also tell myself now is not the time to give up Dr. Pepper. I shot these videos yesterday, after church. These are all the messes that Eleri made/got into in about 7 hours. And in the middle of cleaning all of these messes up, I also managed to make soup from scratch, get the laundry done, and drink a Dr. Pepper that my loving husband brought to me! I LOVE my girls and LOVE being a mommy and LOVE being a stay at home mom, but it is also sooo hard some days! Cleaning up messes can be very taxing! And truthfully, Dr. Pepper does not sustain me but God is who really sustains when the days are hard, the tears are frequent and the messes are plentiful.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it. Really love this post and I agree Dr. Pepper doesn't sustain me either!!! Great blog.

    ReplyDelete