Thursday, January 15, 2009

Carschooling

Carschooling-"the act of teaching while driving in the car, similar to homeschooling, but for those on the go." We have had several car schooling moments the last few days and I just had to share how smart our little/big girl is!! There must be something therapeutic about the moving car that, on occasion, can really get those brain cells going. Yesterday, we were on the way to Eric's soccer practice and I was talking with Mali about something like "you can do that if you want". And she exclaims "You put that in the can and I can go to Daddy's work. They are the same." So we talked about that. Then a few minutes later she said "And, you say no I don't want to do that and I know." I was so proud! I tried to throw in "Apples are red and I read Pinkalicious to you", but she wasn't quite ready for that one. Last night after teeth brushing time she said, "Mommy. Gum that you eat and my gum" (Yes, Mali does eat gum, that is the most accurate description of what she does with gum!). Then today she added "Mommy! I see you and I write a C". I know that there is a grammatical word for what these are, but I just can't think of it. I'm just amazed at her little brain. I asked her where she learned this and she said "I just figured it out." Also, the other night we were driving to pick Eric up from his soccer tournament and the moon was full (the largest full moon of the year) and she proudly said "the men got a ladder and climbed up there and put the batteries in and that is why it turned on." I love the childlike answers that she comes up with! We talk a lot about God and the world He created too, she is just so curious it is wonderful, but usually does not like the answers I give just the ones she came up with! Just wanted to share about our big girl. She is doing really great these last few weeks too. She loves playing with her dollhouse and her bears. She especially likes to dress them up and take them EVERYWHERE with us, and not just one but about 5. I'm letting her because I believe it is her way to play out all the changes that are going to occur in her life, and if she can mother/nurture a bear while we are caring for Eleri, all the better!

2 comments:

  1. homonyms i think they're called.
    you're staying so busy friend. praying for peace these next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be so amazing to hear and see all of the growing and learning that's taking place! She's a smart girl!

    ReplyDelete