Thursday, January 8, 2009

The LORD is near

Exactly three weeks from today, we will have a newborn. I hope that at this time then I will be holding her and out of recovery! It is amazing to think, I can't quite fathom it right now...three weeks....THREE WEEKS....three weeks!:) I just had to share what God showed me today during Bible Study. We are studying Exodus/The Life of Moses. Exodus 33:14-15 were verses we studied this week and oh how appropriate!! That is so how God works in my life and how much of a personal God He is!
"And He (GOD) said "My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest". Wow!!! I NEEDED to hear that! Yesterday, Mali came out of her room from nap time/room time twice to have me help her dress a doll. I thought "how am I going to do this when I NEED nap time". God gave me an answer!:) Then Moses' response was "If your presence does not go with us, do not lead us up from here." I feel the same way and need to cry out to God the same thing....If You don't go with me, I don't want to enter into this new chapter of parenting/life. It was a great reminder to lean on God and rely on Him. The verse that the kids were taught today was Psalm 145:18 "The LORD is near to all who call on him". You better believe I will be calling on Him!

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be so wonderful!!! Praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even get to talk to you about that, but that is what I loved too. In fact I just shared it with another mom who has a baby because even at 4mhts old, I am still in need of REST. It is wonderful that to know that we don't have to do it on our own and that God cares for us and will provide everything we need! He is a faithful God!

    ReplyDelete