Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Uneventful!

Today was the beginning of my weekly visits and it was very uneventful. I was prepared for something, but nothing! Which, no news is really good news. Apparently if you are a repeat c-section, my OB does not even check to see if you are dilated. So we listened to Eleri's heart beat (154) and measured me. I'm right on target, which is great because I was measuring behind about a week. I never found anyone that was able to donate blood in my name, but my OB seems to think I won't loose as much blood this time since I won't labor first. Really, I feel a peace about it and know that ultimately God is the one in control of all of this. I've tried exerting control over the circumstances I think I can control (Blood donors, knowing if I'm dilated,etc.) but God clearly wants me to trust Him in these matters! I'm feeling pretty good, just big and tired, but trying to be patient and enjoy the moments that I have left before life gets more complicated, although more wonderful. I am a little nervous with Eric's soccer schedule. This weekend he is going to be in Coppell (Dallas area) on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I NEED him to be here for a c-section, but another area to trust God. Our tentative plan is that if he needs to come home, he will try and get a flight home as Coppell is pretty close to DFW, and flying would be quicker than driving. If I go into labor and then have a c-section, I think Megan will go in there with me as she is the closest relative and most experienced in the OR anyway (for her job). I know it will all work out and is highly unlikely that anything happens this weekend, but my pregnancy state NEEDS a plan!
The list of to-do's is trickling down too. Eric was an awesome dad this weekend and pulled out all that we need from the attic. He found a missing box of 0-3 month clothes for me (which helped ease some anxiety) and got down the swing, bouncy seat and car seat base. He even put the car seat base in the car. I wasn't quite ready for that, but better to be prepared. I was just thankful that he did so much so willingly. So, her clothes are washed and her room is ready, we are just waiting on her on that end. I was amazed at the memories that we have of Mali in most all of the outfits I washed. Those first 3 months are certainly priceless and special, maybe that is what gets you through the difficulty of the first three months!! I still have some of my own little projects to work on. Today Mali and I made her "Big Sister" shirt together so Mali is ready for the hospital trip!:) And in the middle of all the hectic-ness, we've decided it is a good time to refinance our house! Are we crazy!!! I think so, but it will help us have the extra monthly income for diapers and pediatrician co-pays that come along with a newborn!
Mali seems to be doing well and understanding a little more. We've had more talks about how she is going to have to ride in a separate car to the hospital and that one set of grandparents will be staying with her while we stay at the hospital. She is having some issues, okay major issues, with being sassy and disrespectful to us. I'm a little overwhelmed with how to curb it. I asked her preschool teacher about it today and her teacher said that when she calls Mali on it, Mali usually says sorry, but did say today "I want to be the teacher one day". We laughed at Mali's personality being so strong willed and independent. She just thinks, I mean "knows" she is right!:) It is good to laugh about it, because lately I've just wanted to cry about it! Eric and I joked last night that maybe dealing with Mali's behavior right now will make having a newborn seem easy! I'm looking forward to watching Eleri's personality, because we can look back and see how as even a newborn Mali was pieces of who she is now; stubborn, high maintenance and strong willed! But we loved her so much and still love her! I'm excited for what God is going to do with our family!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you guys as the end it near! We are struggling with getting everything done as well, there just doesn't seem to be enough time or energy to do it all! It sounds like God has brought you to a good place with the peace you need at this moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I was sorting through Annerson's 0-3 clothes. I'm in the process of pulling them from her drawers and closet to put in storage. It is so sad! There are so many special memories associated with those tiny little clothes & it's hard to let go of them. As I put them away I knew that I'd have another baby girl one day who could use them. It's cool reading your blog right now after experiencing those feelings because you are getting to re-use all Mali's stuff for Eleri.
    it makes me smile! Can you believe this is the month she comes?

    ReplyDelete