Monday, November 29, 2010

6 year Birthday Letter

 Dear Mali, I can't believe that you are six years old!  We have really seen you grown and change this year.  You have spent this year learning how to be a big sister.  That has had its ups and downs, but the best moments are watching you be sweet and attentive to your sister.  I know you really love her and she really loves and adores you.  Eleri wants to be just like you in every way!  You are a strong leader in our home and at school. Mrs. Von Netzer, your kindergarten teacher, has told us how much she enjoys you in the classroom. At first, it was hard adjusting to school and the new routine of it all.  You missed running errands with me and Eleri, but you've found new things to enjoy.  You are doing great at reading and I'm so proud of you.  It makes me so happy to see you "write" out what you want to say using only consonants.  You are really sounding things out and starting the beginning stages of reading and it is so exciting for me.  I love reading and hope you will love it too.  It will make your brain stretch and grow and your world too. You have made several new friends too! Even with the start of school you are still Mali.  We continue to have our battles.  Your strong leadership skills show up here at home...with your mommy...quite a bit.  You definitely want to be the leader over me.  It is a struggle to always be patient and kind with you with your "leaderships skills" and I'm not always the mommy I want to be for you...but I'm trying and I'm praying and I hope that each day I improve as your mommy.  Because you absolutely deserve it!   Your heart is tender and open beneath those "looks" and that "attitude".  You are a sweet sweet girl.  You have also become a huge helper.  You are doing chores that are required of you; unloading the dishwasher and making your bed.  You really enjoy helping and like to ask me what more chores you can do.  Of course, it is usually because you want to "earn back" a toy. But I don't mind and love seeing you become responsible and capable of helping.  And truth be told, I enjoy the help!  You are GREAT at unloading the dishwasher!  This year has also been huge as I've watched you grow spiritually.  IT was such a joyful day when you decided to be baptized.  Just like life, each day is a journey. I pray and hope that I'm guiding you in the right way and teaching you that loving Jesus isn't about perfection its about turning to His perfection. I love our moments of cuddling and laughing together. You have such a beautiful smile that lights up my life!  I'm so thankful for six years with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment