Monday, November 29, 2010

Where oh where has my baby gone?

In the last few weeks, Eleri has taken huge steps right out of babyhood! She is doing great at potty training and has very few accidents. Eleri is wearing big girl panties during the day and is pretty good at telling us when she needs to go to the bathroom. Then on top of that last Tuesday night, she threw away her "boppy" when Mali sweetly told her you can throw away your boppy if you want. I freaked out and grabbed it out of the trash and washed it in boiling water and gave it to her. Then on Mali's birthday, we came home from walking her to school and sat down to drink our morning tea together. Eleri got down from the table and went and threw her boppy in the trash. This time I let it stay in there. I have been praying that she would give it up herself so I knew that this was the answer to prayer, although not the timing I would've chosen since we were about to travel for Thanksgiving. After discussing it with Eric, I again washed the boppy and packed it with us "just in case". We made it the whole Thanksgiving without using it. Eleri napped and slept just fine without it. I think the issue may have been me and that if she got fussy I quickly gave it to her because I knew it make her un-fussy!:) She has asked for it only a handful of times, and I just tell her "we don't have boppy, you threw it away." I'm pretty amazed at how well she has transitioned. Also while we were at the cabin, Eleri slept in a big girl twin bed for a nap and two bedtimes. She is really growing up and just in time, although I don't want her to have to grow up too fast.

3 comments:

  1. how awesome...we threw away diapers, but I didn't think about throwing out the paci...great idea! :) I love the picture with her finger in her nose...too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quickly looked and it seemed at least 50% of her previous pictures included her boppy. Its so nice to see her cute little face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you made this blog so your children could read it and get to know the amazing, kind, compassionate, beautiful woman you were. I just found out your beautiful little sister passed on as well and I went to her blog and found out you passed too. I know you two are up there with the Lord doing his work from above now. Such beautiful hearts you both had, I could see the work of Jesus in both of you. You are both an inspiration to me and you both live on in this world by the love you shared.

    ReplyDelete