Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Recovering

So I'm finally writing my own update. Yesterday I was still too groggy to post. The surgery went really well, amazing actually. I so expected the worst, but God gave me the best. I am so grateful to Him as He answered our prayers and took care of me. Thank you so much for all your prayers as well. God answered them!!! A surgery that usually involves a lot of blood loss, ended up being one with very little blood loss. That right there is God! The recovery has gone pretty well. I can't complain, as the whole picture turned out so great. I was pretty sick after the surgery until I got home and go to bed. I didn't get hardly any sleep that night and spent most of yesterday napping on and off throughout the day. However, I did not have to take any more pain meds. Last night I finally got good sleep (thanks to a dose of Tylenol PM) and feel better today. I'm still a little tired but was able to get up and function for the most part; eating breakfast, putting my contacts in, getting dressed in something other than a t-shirt and workout shorts, and putting makeup on! (I also put my nose ring back in! As if you all care about that!:)) I have had more pain today, but am managing it with regular Advil, trying to stay away from the Codeine unless I really need it. I've heard the 3rd day is usually the worst of recovery. Mali came back this morning and it was so good to see her and hold her. I think I'm going to be okay with having her back, but it is sure nice that she likes to pretend to go "night-night" and gives me a pillow and blankets and lies down beside me! She told Terry that she was going to come home and take care of me and take me to Wal-Mart. I'm not so sure about Wal-Mart...I think that is a place a need to avoid!:) It was sweet of her, and shows her heart, but I also hate to have a child that thinks she needs to take care of me. I think everyone has been emphasizing that she needs to be good for me, etc. (which would be very nice). Mali seemed to enjoy her time away, but struggled again with going to the bathroom when she needed to.
The chest x-ray also came back good, so the molar pregnancy had not spread to my lungs. I will do follow up blood work (measuring my hCG) again next Thursday and a consultation with the oncologist on Friday to go over the results of the surgery and blood work. The hope is that since the molar pregnancy was removed that my hCG will return to zero. They will monitor my hCG for a year to make sure that the molar pregnancy doesn't return. And at that point if all is good, we can try to have another baby.
Well I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on. I better go and get some rest while Mali is napping. Thank you all so very much for your prayers, the food, the thoughts, and the love you have given our family as we go through this.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are doing better! God is so wonderful!!!
    I am going to try to stop by and visit with you soon. I may wait and do it tomorrow during my lunch, so that I won't have my kiddos running around terrizing your house while you are recovering!!!
    Take care and get some rest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Brie! You make my heart happy! Aren't we so lucky to have a God that is SO good!?!

    ReplyDelete