Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sparrows

As if I didn't have enough posts already. These are things that I have been processing today. I didn't sleep much last night and was up for about 2 hours in the middle of the night just thinking through things. I also ordered a plastic nose stud because I will have to remove mine for surgery, and I DO NOT want to have to get that re-pierced, although if I'm already under maybe the surgeon could re do it!:) It is being expressed mailed so I should have it in time! This morning I went in for more blood work at the Harrington Cancer Center. I can not even begin to explain how difficult it was to walk into a building with Cancer Center on it with my beautiful, full of live two year old. I nearly lost it! But at the same time my heart hurt so bad knowing that all those people in there most likely did have cancer. After I had my blood drawn, Mali and I walked down to a river/lake that flows past the hospital. We fed the ducks and geese...and the little sparrows. Mali is very fascinated with sparrows because of a movie "Willow the Sparrow" (which she calls The Sparagus.) God took that time to remind me how he cares for the sparrows, and how in fact, he was using Mali and I to take care of those sparrows. I know, because of the truth in His Word, that He will care for me and my family. Luke 12:6-8 says :" Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. "I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God."
So knowing God's truth has helped. I think I am still numb and in shock. Some moments are really difficult, especially at night, but I'm trying to just take it one day at a time. Tonight I have another sonogram at BSA (the hospital) at 8:45pm so that the doctor can have records on file at the hospital. Tomorrow (Friday) I see the oncologist at 11:45 to make a plan and schedule the d/c. I will keep you all posted. Thank you so very much for praying and caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment