Sunday, August 19, 2007

Tomorrow


Today has been a hard day for me. I have not felt good at all and am just so worried about tomorrow's results. Actually, maybe anxious is the better word, because I do totally trust and believe that God is in control of this. I am scared. I have the praise and worship song with the words "you are good, you are good, and your love endures..." stuck in my head, so I keep reciting that over and over today. I'm always reciting Isaiah 41:10 in my head. It was my very first verse to memorize when I started having a relationship with Jesus (remember this one Carrie?). "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Do not be afraid!!! Even though I know all these things, it is hard to not fear. I so appreciate your love and prayers. We have had so many people that we don't even know love on us during this time, thank you!
Tonight my Dad and Terry came down to pick up Mali to take her to Dalhart for a few days. That was when it really hit me. It was so difficult to let her go and say good-bye to her, although I do not want her to have to be around and be exposed to what is going to happen to me. She is going to have so much more fun swimming and playing with her kitchen and terrorizing little dogs!:) Our house is extremely quiet now, but I am looking forward to this rest. Even though this was so difficult, after I cried all the way home, I did feel washed over with peace.
We will go to BSA tomorrow morning at 6:30am and wait around for my turn. Eric or Megan will be updating this blog when they take me to surgery and after the surgery is over, so keep checking it. Eric will be alone at the hospital for a long time, so please pray for him during that time. If only he enjoyed reading, he would get a lot done.
Karen Copeland's (Trook) Sunday School Class at Paramount Baptist is going to bring us food tomorrow evening and one of the coaches and his wife (we knew them from Levelland) will bring us food on Tuesday. Thank you so so much for loving us this way in a new town where we aren't plugged in yet!
I love you all dearly and treasure you. God has continued to provide for us and love on us. HE IS GOOD, HE IS GOOD....

4 comments:

  1. I love you Brie! So glad that God is using a verse from a LONG TIME AGO to remind you that HE is in charge! May his peace rule in your heart and mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brie,
    It is ok to be scared. God knows your feelings and thoughts. Nothing is too great or small for Him. I am so thankful that He will be watching over your surgery tomorrow. He is good, and the almighty physician! We love you and look forward to hearing about more of the prayers He has answered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey brie this is su. I am praying. I love your blogs. Father has you in His hand. I know it. I am praying it over you and Eric and Mali. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has taken all that I have not to come to tears while reading your thoughts and feeling about your whole situation. I love sooo much who you are...what God has made you and put you on this earth for! You just beam with God's glory and I feel like you make me a better person just being your friend! :-) God is SO GREAT!!!!

    I will be praying for you today and I will keep checking in to hear updates!

    ReplyDelete