Thursday, August 16, 2007

What is going on with me

As most of you know I had a miscarriage back in June. I have been in the
"process" of this for the last almost three months. After we moved, I had
problems with getting a gynecologist to take care of me (for lack of a better term).
However, I thought that I had finished the process a few weeks ago and was
on the way to recovery. I checked back with my old doctor and finally got
my new doctor to see me today. The Amarillo doctor did labs and a sonogram
and exam and told me that I still had way too much tissue and grape size
clusters in my uterus. She said that these are signs of a molar pregnancy
and that the Lubbock doctors should have realized this back when my levels
were extremely high and there was no baby. So I'm posting this to ask you to
pray for my family as we deal with this news. A molar pregnancy is a form
of cancer, although not necessarily in the way that we think of cancer.
However, Friday I will go in to have an appointment with an oncologist who
will do a full cancer workup on me. He will also do my d/c (that should
have been done months ago). My Amarillo gyn told me that I will need a
transfusion after the surgery, so to be prepared for that, based on my blood
loss with the miscarriage, my history of blood loss with the c-section, and
the fact that d/c usually mean quite a bit of blood loss. Thank you all for
your prayers. I know and believe our God is a God that heals, and a God
that was not surprised by this, although I am trying to make sense of it all
at this point.
"For who can eat and who can have enjoyment without Him? For to a person
who is good in His sight He has given wisdom and knowledge and
joy..."Ecclesiastes 2:25-26a.
Thank you for your prayers during this time,
Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment